Welcome to Hifz Academy admission process.
Please read below to have a better understanding of our admission process, so you can anticipate our next steps insha Allah.
1. Prospective/Student will meet with our Head of School upon request.
2. Prospective parents will meet with the Registrar to become familiar with the admissions process. This process will include:
- Introduction about Hifz Academy; who we are and what we offer our students
- Question & Answer
- Tour of the campus facility
- Review of general Tuition & Fees information
- Review of online admission application process
- Review of documentation required
- Review of Tuition & Fees required (Pre-Admission Tuition/Fees Worksheet)
3. The admission personnel will do a preliminary review of the application and documents to ensure completeness.
4. Admission personnel will notify the parents if:
- Application is complete and will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.
- Application is missing certain items that must be completed before the application can be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.
5. Students applying for admission into KG – 10 (who do not have standardized test scores) will be administered the MAP Screening Assessment.
6. Admission personnel will schedule a meeting with a member of the administration and any students applying for admission into Grades 6 – 10 for a review of discipline, understanding of personal responsibilities and a review of Hifz Academy rules and regulations.
7. Admission personnel will schedule a meeting between the Academic Advisor and any student applying for admission into Grades 6 – 10 in order to ensure that the student has the necessary courses to prepare him/her for Hifz Academy’s curriculum.
8. Admission personnel will coordinate a meeting for student to be assessed by the Qur’an department.
9. Admission Committee will sign off and comment on each student application.
10. Completed application packet will be forwarded to the Head of School for review and final decision.
11. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and a recommendation will be made to the Head of School.
12. The parents of admitted student(s) will need to attend a Parent Orientation with a member of the Administration and sign an Acknowledgement Form stating that they have received, understand and agree to abide by Hifz Academy policies and procedures, including Hifz Academy’s Promotion & Retention Policy.
13. Decisions made by the Head of School will be final.
14. Recommendations made by the Admissions Committee and the final decisions made by the Head of School will be documented and kept in a file for a period of three years.
Florida's law requires that every new student enrolling in Florida schools be properly immunized or have a signed waiver on file at the school. Also, this record must be on a Florida form. The Immunization Record must show that the following vaccines have been administered:
- 5 doses DTP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis)
- 4 doses Polio
- 2 doses Measles
- 1 dose Rubella and
- 1 dose of Mumps, or 2 doses of MMR
Children entering or attending the 7th grade will be required to have completed, in addition to the above:
- Hepatitis B vaccination series, a
- Second measles vaccination or MMR and a
- Tetanus-Diphtheria booster.
Kindergarten Students entering K5 must be five years old by September 1st.
1st Grade Students entering 1st grade must be six years old by September 1st.
All new students accepted into Hifz Academy are accepted on a 90 days probationary period. If, at any time during that period, the school feels that they are not a good fit they may be asked to seek another educational facility that is best suited to fulfill their child’s needs.
Special Education Constraints
Hifz Academy will not be able to accept any student whose disabilities may be too severe to address due to our limited resources. We will admit only students whose needs can be met based upon the available resources for the year, which may vary from year to year.
Waiting List Policy
Given the fact that the number of seats available in a class may be less than the number of students applying for admission into that class, our school will begin a Waiting List for that class. If a seat becomes available, the parents will be notified of this. If they choose not to enroll their child, they may request for their child to remain on the Waiting List to ensure admission for the following year.